Tuesday, May 1, 2012

THE RIGHT AND THE REAL author, Joelle Anthony

Book Trailer
A few years ago I read this fabulous book called RESTORING HARMONY. I still remember the story, vividly. Needless to say, I was eager to find out what this terrific author would publish next. The wait is over. To enter to win a copy of THE RIGHT AND THE REAL, leave a comment below with a kind word for Joelle. That is all. I'll announce the winner here on Friday.
On Writing:
Favorite thing about writing a first draft:
Is there such a thing? Oh, wait…yes, there is! I used to hate first drafts, but now I love them. I like how they have a mind of their own.
Best thing about writing for kids and/or teens:
I get to swap favourite authors/books with them. They are so passionate in their recommendations.
Favorite word?
Serendipity – love what it means, love how it sounds.
One word that describes your path to publication:
SLOW.
If I could have two dream careers, I’d be an author and a:
British actress.
On Life:
If I could snap my fingers and solve one of the problems here on earth, it would be:
Greed.
One question I wish I had a definitive answer to:
Will I have enough to retire?
Best thing about being a child:
No worries about retirement!
Worst thing about being a child:
People are always telling you what to do.
Best thing about being a teenager:
Undying optimism.
Worst thing about being a teenager:
People are still telling you what to do.
Most memorable teen moment:
Going to New York City with my drama group. That’s more like a lot of moments, but it all blurs together after all these years into one.
One thing I’d like to say to my teen self:
Don’t be so hard on yourself.
A quote I live by:
Everything always works out for you, Joëlle. – said to me repeatedly by my mum.
My dream vacation:
Spain, I think. Or the south of France. I don’t like to fly, but I would love to go somewhere warm and very relaxing. Where no one spoke English. And, of course, my husband would be with me. We’d just eat and drink and wander and nap and eat and drink and wander and nap for a couple of weeks.
In My Perfect World…
Everyone would get a massage and someone to clean their bathroom at least once a week.
There would be an abundance of homegrown food and a sense of community.
No one would be deprived of love.
Every child would have security.
No one would ever yell.
Health care would be free for everyone.

Joëlle Anthony



13 comments:

  1. I love this interview, Angelina and Joelle. So many good things...

    "If I could snap my fingers and solve one of the problems here on earth, it would be:
    Greed."

    "A quote I live by:
    Everything always works out for you, Joëlle. – said to me repeatedly by my mum."

    "In My Perfect World…
    Everyone would get a massage and someone to clean their bathroom at least once a week."

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Thanks, Joelle and Angelina! Joelle, I'm so glad I got to meet you & get to know you a bit. You're delightful! Also, I would love to live in your perfect world. It sounds...perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that her perfect world involves a housekeeper. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *crosses arms* All right. I'm here. Entering to LOSE once again.

    I totally agree on Joelle's answer to the question, One thing I'd like to say to my teen self. Being too hard on yourself can be crippling. And it's a hard habit to break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthcare for all is right on

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful interview! Too many good things to mention all of them -- but I, for one, would especially LOVE to live in Joëlle’s Perfect World!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic post, thank you both! I'm really looking forward to reading The Right and The Real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview! Joelle really did a fantastic job with this novel. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview, thanks for sharing. :) I want to live in your dream world, Joelle. Actually, it looks like a lot of us would. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview!

    That sounds like a wonderful world to live in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have The Right and the Real on my wish list.

    I like the sound of this perfect world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book caught my eye a couple of months ago. Sounds brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for stopping by. The winner of THE RIGHT AND THE REAL will be announced in tomorrow's post. I wish I had a copy for everyone, but I hope all of you will get your hands on a copy one way or another. It's a fantastic read. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think: