Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Strangest Thing

Everyday I fire up my laptop, Bertie, eager to work on one of my novels and everyday I must battle the powerful force field that prevents me from opening my works-in-progress files. It's the strangest thing, I have no problem opening my e-mail, no problem checking out my favorite blogs, no problem reading the latest headlines. But when it comes time to click the button that opens the manuscript, I spend at least five minutes fighting to break through the invisible barrier.

Once I'm in, hours disappear faster than a package of Mint Milano cookies. With joy and satisfaction, I close the files, eager for the next writing session (and often scrambling to eat, get dressed, and make it to work without being more than fifteen minutes late).

Learning that other writers experience the same powerful force has brought me much comfort. Are there any writers out there who don't? I'd love to hear from you.

Now, it's time to break on through to the other side!

WHAT I'M READING THIS WEEK: Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Ally Carter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: