Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Patience

So many important words in a writer's world start with the letter "p". Here are a few that come to mind:

Passion
Perseverance
Plot
Premise
Proportion
Presence
Protagonist
Publish
Publicity
Poetry
Partial
Paragraph
Publisher
Promote

But the most important and troublesome word in my writer vocabulary is:

PATIENCE

How does a naturally impatient person like me exercise patience? I take the advice of the collective professional wisdom that encourages us writers to KEEP WRITING. Immersing myself in a new project is the best remedy I have found.

What about you? What helps you to be patient?

Do you have more "p" words to add to my list?

WHAT I'M READING THIS WEEK: The Dead and the Gone (Susan Beth Pfeffer) The Treasure Map of Boys (E. Lockhart) Red Glass (Laura Resau)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: