Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hard Work

Yesterday I received an encouraging e-mail from an author who reminded me that writing is hard work.

I agree, but sometimes it's more than hard work.

Today the work has been Herculean, arduous, formidable, and painful.

If you've ever climbed a mountain, you may have experienced a false peak. It's that point you focused on while your legs and lungs burned like fire. You poured out your last bit of energy because you just knew you'd reached the top. And then? You raised your eyes to a five hundred foot vertical incline carpeted with loose gravel.

That's where I am today. What am I going to do?

I will get some rest and nourishment so that tomorrow I will have the energy to put on my boots and move forward.

WHAT I'M READING THIS WEEK: Tricks (Ellen Hopkins)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: