Tuesday, September 15, 2009

SCBWI Grant

So last week I got the news that I won the SCBWI Work-In-Progress Grant for a Contemporary Novel. I've spent a week thinking they must have made a mistake. I just read the announcement on the SCBWI website. It must be real, right?

What does winning this grant mean? I'm not sure, but I think it must be REALLY REALLY REALLY good news. My first reaction was disbelief. Then I said, "Yikes, I've gotta get that final revision done."

A day later I said, "Cool. Maybe I could attend the 2010 SCBWI Winter Conference in NY... Yikes. I've gotta get that final revision done."

So basically, what this grant means is that I've got a lot of work to do. A work I love.

Thanks to all of you who helped make this possible.

WHAT I'M READING THIS WEEK: Fever 1973 (Laurie Halse Anderson)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Angelina! I just linked through to your blog from a congratulatory post on Edith Cohn's Facebook page (always strange the way we make connections). I think we're neighbors (in a wider Western Washington kind of way). Do go to SCBWI Winter Conference. It's a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elise. Where in Western Washington are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Still jumping up and down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. angie, i met you at the bellingham shmooze. you impressed by your vivaciousness and smarts.

    it seems like you had some good news then, but this is cream on the cake. congratulations, angie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo-hoo for you! Too exciting! And yes, NY, and yes, get that revision done! ;-)
    Joni S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news like this sends happy vibes through the whole children's book writing community. You so deserve this! Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angelina, congratulations! Last year, I received a Letter of Merit from the SCBWI Work in Progress Grant and even THAT made me very happy. You must be flying! Good luck and I look forward to reading the book some day.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think: