Monday, December 13, 2010

Why I Read

This past week I noticed the interesting hashtag floating  around on Twitter and enjoyed the various responses to #WhyIRead

I've pondered that question for the past few days and thought of all sorts of smart and eloquent ways to answer. But the truth is very simple. . .

I read to be entertained.

But I must add a caveat. I read FICTION to be entertained. I read a variety of other things for very different reasons. Which means the answer is not quite so simple. 

Yet, when I read that question, what automatically popped into my head was "why I read novels". Why is that?

WHAT I'M READING THIS WEEK: Silent to the Bones (e.l. konigsburg) Shadow Spinner (S. Fletcher) Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters (N. Standiford) On Rue Tatin (S. Hermann Loomis)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: