Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010: Reasons to Rejoice

The new decade begins and with it, all sorts of reasons for rejoicing:

*The commencement of my fourth decade on this awesome planet.

*A first-time trip to the SCBWI Winter Conference in New York City.

*The realization of my Dream European Vacation which includes a tasting at the Tuscan vineyard of my favorite memoir-writing author, Ferenc Maté.

*Two of my favorite YA books of 2009 racking up numerous nominations and awards. Shout out for Justina Chen Headley and Laurie Halse Anderson.

*Katherine Paterson becomes our new National Ambassador For Young People's Literature.

Could the decade get off to a better start?

Things I hope for in the coming year:

*Huge success for all those author friends whose books are coming our way.

*A book contract for myself and all my writer friends who are in pursuit of the same.

AND OF COURSE:

*Health and happiness for all my friends and family.

Stay tuned to this blog for all news pertaining to the above!!!


WHAT I'M READING THIS WEEK: After (A.Efaw) The Queen of Attolia (M. Whalen Turner) Goth Girl Rising (B. Lyga)

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Great list! Looking so forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think: