Friday, July 15, 2011

The Most Interesting Thing: Deep POV

"No man understands a deep book until he has seen and lived at least part of its contents."
- Ezra Pound
Tasty snack on this week's Plot Walk--Salmon Berries
What is deep POV? This is a question I'll be exploring for the next millennium. For those of you who'd like a quicker response look here or here or here.
My preferred POV to write is first person, present tense. But my current project lends itself better to third. So I've been thinking about the best example of a YA novel written in deep POV that I've ever read--Amy Efaw's AFTER. Look inside here.
Do you have any thoughts on deep POV? Any YA books written in deep POV that you would recommend? 

3 comments:

  1. I think the best example of this from the books I've recently read is Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Good luck with your current project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love first person, too, in any tense. I enjoy being inside someone's head, especially when they're telling me lies and I later learn everything I've read is skewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting. I didn't realize being THAT inside a character's head had it's own title. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think: