Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Story Continues. . .


We interrupt our regular Author Interview program this Wednesday to bring you an episode in Deana Barnhart's Blogfest--Week 2: The Story Chain. Though I'm not in the market for an agent, this looked like a lot of fun so I jumped on board. Then I got my assignment and I panicked. Introduce a subplot? Really? Can I do this? At least I've got some salacious "s" words to incorporate--suffocate, sell, and shut up. On that note, here goes nothing. Read what came before over at Callie Kingston's

"Wait. Did you say my parents drowned in Istanbul?"

"Wait. Did you say my parents drowned in Istanbul?"

Tony wiped his hand over his face. "Did I say Istanbul?"

Dio's parents were not in Turkey. They'd gone to Prague to sell a rare thunder egg. "Why are you lying?" Dio asked. 

"Shut up and get in the car," Sandy said, motioning to Tony. 

Dio stared at their faces. How had she not noticed? The mole under Uncle Tony's right eye had moved to the left and the dimple in Sandy's chin had disappeared. 

Who were these people? 

Dio turned to run, but the man posing as Uncle Tony grabbed her, putting his hand over her mouth and nose. "If you don't settle down, you'll suffocate and die, and you'll never see your parents again."


Read what comes next at my buddy, JRo's

14 comments:

Tell me what you think: